Selected Recent Publications
Blogs and Whitepapers
- Dixon E (2020) Strategies to Tackle Novel Code Challenges (Tutorial: Checkbox in a Datatable in R Shiny). November 2020.
- Dixon E (2020) Tutorial: Obtaining Spatial Data from Esri REST APIs in R. May 2020
- Drew CA (2017) New Perspectives, New Insights to Old Discussions. August 2017
- Drew CA (2016) Organizational Data Culture. Prepared for Plazabridge Group, North Carolina, December 2016
- Drew CA (2016) Reimagine Your Data. Prepared for Plazabridge Group, North Carolina, August 2016
- Drew CA (2016) Sensemaking for the Environment. March 2016
- Drew CA (2015) Adaptive Management of Complex Systems. August 2015
- Iacona G, Avery-Gomm S, Maloney RF, Brazill Boast J, Crouse D, Drew CA, Epanchinn-Niell R, Hall S, Maguire L, Male T, Newman J, Possingham H, Rumpff L, Runge MC, Weiss K, Wilson R, Zablan M, Gerber LR (In Press) Hurdles to developing quantitative decision support for Endangered Species Act resource allocation. Frontiers in Conservation Science
- Gerber LR, Runge MC, Maloney RF, Drew CA, Avery-Gomm S, Iacona GD, Brazil-Boast J, Crouse D, Epanchin-Niel RS, Hall SB, Maguire LA, Male T, Morgan D, Newman J, Possingham HP, Rumpff L, Weiss KCB, Wilson RS, Zablan MA (2018) Resources and recovery under the Endangered Species Act. Science 362:284-286.
- Drew CA, Eddy M, Kwak T, Cope WG, Augspurger (2018) Hydrologic characteristics of freshwater mussel habitat: novel insights from modeled flows. Freshwater Science 37(2):343-356.
- Pickens B, Mordicai M, Drew CA, Alexander-Vaughn L, Keister A, Morris H, Collazo J (2017) Indicator-driven Conservation Planning Across Terrestrial, Freshwater Aquatic, and Marine Ecosystems of the South Atlantic, USA. Journal of Fisheries and Wildlife Management 8(1):219-233.
- Drescher M, Perera AH, Johnson CJ, Buse LJ, Drew CA, Burgman MA (2013) Towards rigorous use of expert knowledge in ecological research. Ecosphere 4(7):Article 83.
- Rogers SL, Collazo JA, Drew CA (2013) King rail (Rallus elegans) occupancy and abundance in fire managed coastal marshes in North Carolina and Virginia. Waterbirds 26(2):179-188.
- Rogers SL, Collazo JA, Drew CA (2013) Nest occurrence and survival of King Rails in fire-managed coastal marshes in North Carolina and Virginia. Journal of Field Ornithology 84(4):355-366.
- Hightower JE, Harris JE, Raabe JK, Brownell P, Drew CA (2012) A Bayesian spawning habitat suitability model for American shad in southeastern United States rivers. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management 3(2):184-198.
- Pijanowski BC, Iverson LR, Drew CA, Bulley HNN, Rhemtulla JM, Wimberly MC, Bartsch A, Peng J (2010) Addressing the interplay of poverty and the ecology of landscapes: a grand challenge topic for landscape ecologists? Landscape Ecology 25:5-16.
- Drew CA, Eggleston DB (2008) Juvenile fish densities in Florida Keys mangroves correlate with landscape characteristics. Marine Ecology Progress Series 362:233-243.
- Favreau JM, Drew CA, Hess GR, Rubino MJ, Koch FH, Eschelbach KA (2006) Recommendation for assessing the effectiveness of surrogate species approaches. Biodiversity and Conservation 15:3949-3969.
- Drew CA, Eggleston DB (2006) Currents, landscape structure, and recruitment success along a passive-active dispersal gradient. Landscape Ecology 21:917-931.
- Hess GR, Koch FH, Rubino MJ, Eschelbach KA, Drew CA, Favreau JM (2006) Comparing the potential effectiveness of conservation planning approaches in central North Carolina, USA. Biological Conservation 128:358-368.
- Perera AH, Drew CA, Johnson CJ (Eds.) (2012) Expert Knowledge and its Application in Landscape Ecology. Springer, New York, NY.
- Drew CA, Wiersma Y, Huettmann F (2011) Predictive Species and Habitat Modeling in Landscape Ecology. Springer, New York, NY.
- Drew CA, Kwak TJ, Cope WG, Augspurger T (2015) Hierarchical Landscape Models for Endemic Unionid Mussels: Building Strategic Habitat Conservation Tools for Mussel Recovery in the South Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative: Final Report. Prepared for the USFWS South Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative, Raleigh, NC.
- Drew CA, Pickens B, White R, Collazo J (2015) Assessment of South Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative Terrestrial Indicators: Final Report. Delivered to the South Atlantic Conservation Cooperative, March 2015.
- Drew CA, Stocking J, Collazo JA (2015) Strategic Decision Planning for Endangered Species Recovery in Puerto Rico: Final Report. Delivered to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, Caribbean Ecological Services Field Office, March 2015.
- Alexander-Vaughn LB, Collazo JA, Drew CA (2014) Strategic Conservation Planning for the Eastern North Carolina/Southeast Virginia Strategic Habitat Conservation Team. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, North Carolina Agricultural Research Service Technical Bulletin 336, October 2014.
- Drew CA, Collazo JC (2014) Bayesian Networks as a Framework to Step-Down and Support Strategic Habitat Conservation of Data-Poor Species: A Case Study with the King Rail (Rallus elegans) in Eastern North Carolina and Southeastern Virginia. Delivered to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, Raleigh Field Office, September 2014.
- Drew CA, Alexander-Vaughn LB, Collazo JA, McKerrow A, Anderson J (2013) Developing an Outcome-Based Biodiversity Metric in Support of the Field to Market Project: Final Report. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, North Carolina Agricultural Research Service Technical Bulletin 334, December 2013.
- Drew CA, Alexander-Vaughn LB, Collazo JA (2012) Science Summary in Support of Manatee Protected Area (MPA) Design in Puerto Rico. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, North Carolina Agricultural Research Service Technical Bulletin 330, October 2012.